NITU (Nano Information Technology University)
- - Industrial-education-research cooperation program to produce professional human resources in NT and IT manufacturing equipment related fields jointly operated by university, research institutes, and companies within Seoul Technopark
- - Expand multi-disciplinary cooperation where related departments in participating universities jointly cooperate to establish specialized education programs focusing on comprehensive joint FAB through collaboration between university, research institutes, and companies.
- - Aims to establish consumer-oriented education and optimal workforce supply system through joint participation of professors and students from each university, joint development and operation of curriculum, joint use of research equipment, mutual exchange and recognition of credits between universities, and performing field placement in participating companies.
- - Participating universities and corporations jointly develop and operate curriculums, use of research equipment, and mutually exchange and recognize credits between universities.
- - Establish an optimal workforce supply system for the NT and IT sectors through customized consumer-oriented education including field placement in participating companies.
- - Supported by the Ministry of Information and Communication as a human resource cultivation program.
Objectives of the education program
- - Cultivation of professional industrial human resources in NT and IT components and manufacturing equipment
- - Establish foundation for industrial-education-research cooperation for NIT convergence technology
- - Operate innovative education model of industrial-education-research cooperation
- - Form Seoul NIT Technopark directly connected to the field
- - Establish an industrial-education-research global network
Participating institutions and university
Participating universities (17)
Kangwon University, Kyunghee University, Korea University, Kookmin University, Dankook University, Myongji University, Mokpo National University, Sahmyook University, Seoul National University of Science Technology, University of Seoul, Seoul Women’s University, Sunchon National University, Soongsil University, Yonsei University, Korea Aerospace University, Hansung University
Participating institutions (3)
Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH), and Korean Electronics Technology Institute (KETI)
Participating companies (16)
Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, Nepes Corporation, Amkor Technology Korea, Inc., ABC Company, Ltd, Mirae Corporation, LG Innotek Co., Ltd., Micro Friend Co., Ltd., Pemtron Co., Ltd, Eudem Co., Ltd., EPWORKS Co., Ltd., TKEC Co., Ltd., Korea Semiconductor System Co., Ltd., Harex Co., Ltd., PNM Co., Ltd., CST Korea Co., Ltd., and I A Technology Co., Ltd.
※ Participating companies may differ according to circumstances
Benefit for companies
- - Enhanced competitiveness through conducting joint research projects
- - Stable and just-in-time supply of outstanding workforce
- - Establishment of technology information network in new industrial field
- - Reduced cost from using joint laboratories (in terms of human resources and facilities)
- - Reduced cost of re-training employees
Expected effect for universities and students
- - Suggest new university education model for new industrial fields
- - Increased credit exchange and cooperation between domestic universities
- - Suggest vision for establishing workforce supply system connected to next-generation new growth ㆍ engine industry through the operation of demand-oriented education model
- - Award scholarship through participation in research projects
- - Employment connection to participating companies or admission to NIT graduate school after graduation
Expected effect for government
- - Suggest advanced education model
- - Suggest model to resolve workforce cultivation problems in new growth engine sectors
- - Establish foundation for competitiveness of next-generation growth engine industries through construction of industrial-education-research core cluster.